Magnetic rope testing (MRT) –
The view into the rope
Non-destructive testing of steel wire ropes
For many years, magnetic rope testing has been THE testing method of choice when it comes to non-destructive testing of steel ropes of any kind.
The wire rope is thereby magnetized up to magnetic saturation (>1.9 Tesla). Defects in the rope disturb this magnetic field, resulting in stray fields that can be measured.
Detecting rope damage
In this way, a large number of rope damages can be detected at an early stage:
- internal and external wire breaks
- internal and external corrosion
- Clamping points
- Structural changes
The test is performed quickly and easily at a speed of up to 4 m/s (approx. 14 km/h). The evaluation of the measurements is subsequently carried out by our experienced inspectors.
Wide range of application
ROTEC GmbH offers you non-destructive rope testing for a diameter range from 4 to 140 mm (and beyond if required).
As the client, you will receive a comprehensive report for the magnetic rope inspection with a detailed description of the rope condition and with recommendations for care and maintenance.
Any type of steel wire rope can be tested
Any kind of steel cables can be magnetically tested by us:
- Hoisting, hauling, carrying, tensioning and tensioning ropes for ropeways.
- Hoisting ropes of T-bar lifts
- hoisting ropes of cranes, ship lift, container bridges, dredgers, elevators
- Support cables of bridges, transmission towers, cable structures, stadiums, ferries, ZipLines,
- Conveyor cables from observation towers, roller coasters, etc.
If your application is not listed, please feel free to ask us.
Magnetic rope testing
You are interested in the topic magnetic rope testing?
Please contact us without obligation.